How it works:
1) For every bag we sell, we donate money to our Cow Funder Initiative.
2) Once a year, we buy calves for the money we’ve raised through the initiative, and hand them out to struggling families in rural Bangladesh. It’s simple: the more bags we sell, the more families we’re able to help.
3) During lifetime of the cow, we support the families with education and veterinarians – to raise a happy and healthy cow.
4) At the end of the cow’s life, the family get an income from the meat, and we get a traceable well-kept raw hide that we will later turn into leather.
The power of a cow
Just one cow can be the difference between barely getting by and enjoying a decent everyday life for a struggling family in Bangladesh. But also recognition, dignity and self-empowerment. The family can earn up to a year’s income from the meat, enabling whole new possibilities. Such as:
– Sending kids to school
– Visiting the doctor/getting medical care
– Building a better water well
– … or reinvesting in a new cow